Monday, January 10, 2011

Wake Up Call

Posted above are the results of my Ecological Footprint quiz.  If everyone lived like I do, we would need 4.7 Planet Earths to provide enough resources.  At 42%, my largest area of impact was in the service category.  This was followed by food at 23%, goods at 20%, mobility at 10% and shelter at 5%.  These statistics and percentages are shocking and embarrassing reflections on my consumption.  Overcome with a sense of guilt, this is my wake up call.  It is my responsibility as a consumer, American--human being, to be cautious and respectful regarding my usage of resources.  And with that I make my pledge--to take the following steps in order to lessen my ecological footprint:

1. I will always bring reusable grocery bags to the store.
2. I will learn exactly what items can and cannot be recycled in order to properly dispose of them.
3. I will only use reusable cups and water bottles.

I am going green--I hope that you too will do your part to help the environment.  Check back regularly to join me on my eco-friendly journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment